Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

I want my writing back...

Having just recently been through a terrible experience, one of the things I'm finding that I didn't anticipate was that I would lose my writing. For the week that I was in Louisiana I couldn't write out at all. There was certainly no time for writing but even past that, because I did make an attempt one evening when I was alone in my hotel room, I could not write. Grief was all consuming. I could not write a word.

Today, I gave it another attempt. The muse is back. Sort of. Like Grief--and yes, I'm capitalizing that on purpose--it seems to hit me in spurts. I can write for a minute. Then I can't. Then I can write for another minute.

I'm hoping as Grief wanes into something I can manage over time so shall my writing stamina. A wise person told me today that there is no right way to grieve. I will have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment