Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a great day. It was my husband's birthday and my 3 year old had a holiday show at his nursery school before his school shut down for vacation until the new year.

In the morning, I got up and ran out the door to buy a dozen bagels for my son's holiday show. I wanted to get a dozen plain bagels but by the time I got there (think 7:15 AM) they had sold out of plain bagels. Apparently someone had come in and bought 6 dozen plain before I got there. This irritated the heck out of me when they told me it was going to be another ten minutes before they had any more plain baked. I ended up buying a bunch of other types of bagels and truthfully I don't think anyone minded at the show.

Then I rushed home and the kids and I gave my husband his birthday gift (a stock pot he wanted) before we all ran out the door to do our morning routine. My mother came with us to the holiday show, which we all loved since its very rare that she's in town to see these little things. My son froze like a deer in headlights when it was time to do the show but it was really cute and I enjoyed being there. He's proud of himself like he'd stolen the show and I'm thrilled for him.

Later that night, we had dinner with my parents and my husband's mom before we all had cake. It was a really fun day and I think my husband enjoyed his birthday even though he had to work.

As far as writing goes I have been a little slow this week, which is okay. I just finished a major writing endeavor and its possible that my muse just needs a few days to breathe. But I continue to write the next Westervelt book and I'm feeling good about things.

Time for me to get moving this morning--I do have 3 children who might like to see their mother.

Best to all of you

2 comments: