Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Parenting Is Tough

I don't look like this. Do you?

I love Gwenyth Paltrow as an actress. She is really, really talented but sometimes when I read what she and other hollywood moms say about parenting and I want to pull out my hair. I can't believe that any of them are actually as perfect in their parenting as they say they are.

I am aware that probably a team of stylists made Ms. Paltrow look that beautiful for whatever event she was going to that evening. But, in all seriousness. Who can look like that and be a mother?

For example, I got really dressed up to go to a friend's birthday party a couple of weeks ago. I'd gone out to buy a new outfit and for being overweight and not particularly stylish, I looked pretty good.

I came down the stairs with a few minutes to spare before we had to leave. The sitter was with the kids. I felt great. And then the kids ran towards, dirty and messy from their activities and smudged their grimy hands all over me.

I ask myself--does Gwenyth Paltrow have these problems? Somehow I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment