Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Central Casting Called

So, I thought I was going to a new dentist and guess what? He's the brother-in-law of my old dentist. I couldn't stop laughing. It was like I had gotten stuck in some kind of Central Casting Joke.

I realize this is a random story. But it reminded me of my favorite kinds of books: Series. Everyone is related to everyone else. If you meet a character, it is likely he is going to know someone else somehow. And I have to tell you...I love it.

Paranormal lends itself to series better than anything else, I think. Because why shouldn't the two hundred year old vampire know the one hundred year old Werewolf from fifty years ago in Romania?

Do you have a favorite series and if so what is it? Do you find the Central Casting office brings the characters back to be related to each other over and over?

No comments:

Post a Comment