Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Watching The Walking Dead


I have this problem. I've had it since I was a child. When I find something I like watching, I watch it over and over again. Specifically, when I was a child this was true for movies like Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

It happened to me again yesterday. I had always heard of but never watched the show The Walking Dead. So I ordered it on Amazon.com and waited for it to arrive on my doorstep. I figured I'd watch it on the treadmill.

But yesterday I felt like hell so I put it on while I lay in bed (still feel bad today only I won't get to lay around...). Immediately, I was hooked.

The acting on this show is so incredible. I think that, ultimately, it is the acting and the writing that makes this show move forward with the level of emotional intensity that it does. Sure, there is lots of violence and the zombies are downright disturbing. I'm going to be honest, I've never found zombies frightening before. Lots of monsters--particularly haunting and demon movies--scare the heck out of me. But zombies? Usually not such a big deal.

However, the zombies in this post-apocalyptic story are scary dudes and they disturbed the heck out me.

I did it again. I watched the WHOLE SERIES yesterday while I edited and got some writing done. Now I just want to know what the doctor whispered in Rick's ear at the end of the season.

The official website for The Walking Dead is here. They also have things on that site about the original comic book series that it is based on.

If you haven't seen this show, I think you should watch it. But be warned, lots of blood. In the best possible way!

1 comment:

  1. My family loved this series! Now we're just waiting for it's return. The only thing that ticked me off was it was only six short weeks. I want to know what the doctor said, and where the hell is the brother?

    ReplyDelete