Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

AHHHH

So, last night out of nowhere all of our plumbing--the toilets, tubs, and sinks--started randomly overflowing with black, stinky, disgusting water. It turns out there was some kind of blockage between us and the street that caused the problem. Inside the house, the backup caused several vents (I thought they were pipes but it turns out they were vents) leaked and will have to be replaced. Into the late hours--my husband, his massage therapist who had the bad luck to be here when it happened (Needless to say last night's massage did not make his back feel better), the emergency plumbers, the Inspector for the water company, and myself worked hard to try to stop and then clean up the mess.

It is, according to the water company, our problem that the blockage existed and not there's. Fine. But, I'm going to have to change several plumbing things we have in the house. I have to call the plumber and get this taken care of.

What else am I doing today? Well, the tree people are coming (made the appointment last week) to take down two dead branches threatening my roof and to fertilize two trees on the side of our property that are potentially in trouble because of the house construction going on the property next door to us.

Also, the cable company is coming. For the fifth time. Because, guess what?, the fact that I spent a lot of money yesterday having the electricians change all of the cable wiring in the house to take all copper out that the Cable company insisted would fix the problem DIDN'T WORK. Its officially been two weeks since my husband and I could watch network (ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS) in our house. Also, the phone and internet--both from the cable company--go in and out.

In addition to all of this, I have to serve lunch at my 3 year old's school today. Remind me next year when I fill out the paperwork for their schools to write 'no' when they ask if I'm available to help. The way the school is set up, if a parent is not there to help the teachers don't get to eat lunch. So, its not like I can just cancel.

I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm at a place in my Work In Progress where I just want to write and write. AHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry for the rant. I need a hug. And a nap. And a large drink.

3 comments: