Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Greetings from the Big Easy


Hello everyone~ I am currently in New Orleans attending a wedding of some dear friends of ours. It has been a month of weddings for us, which is wonderful because after our recent loss it is nice to remember that life has lots of happy times too. For those of you who don't know, I actually met my hubby in New Orleans so the town always has a bit of romance for me.

Right now, I am sitting outside in a courtyard in a spot I have located that has really good wireless signal. Our rooms are supposed to have it, and they sort of do, but it is spotty at best. My husband is off doing 'groomsmen' things and as I have walked around the French Quarter, bought myself a pretty sun dress just 'because,' and managed to throw off my Pat O'Brien's hangover from the night before, I couldn't think of anything nicer to do than just relax in the court yard of my hotel.

There are children swimming in the hotel pool, which is a constant reminder of my children who are home, and likely cold thanks to the terrible weather, with my parents. Of course, they're probably inside so the cold might be unlikely as well. Thanks Mom and Dad if you are reading this. We really appreciate the babysitting and we know it is not easy!!

I hope you are all well wherever you are and enjoying yourselves as much as I am!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment