Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Not Much Today

So, today my baby who is 14 months old, will be having a surgery on his ears. They put tubes in the ears to help the fluid drain. He has been getting a lot of ear infections and the fluid doesn't drain between infections. It's finally reached the point where we have to address it. One of his older brothers had this surgery and the other one had his tonsils/adenoids removed. Clearly, we've spent some time doing this type of thing before.

But it never gets easier for me. Never.

To make matters worse, we have to be at the surgery at 9 AM and he is not allowed to eat/drink anything before hand. Ever tried to tell a 14 month old they can't eat?

So that is where I am. And Why I am Sure I won't be doing much of anything else today.

Best to all of you. Thought and Prayers are appreciated!

RR

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you.
    As a parent I've been there.
    I hate that helpless feeling as you wait.
    Love to you & yours,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete