Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

So this is my first week doing Six Sentence Sunday. If you've found me for the first time, welcome! I'm so happy to be playing this week.

Basically, how it works is that I am going to show you six sentences from the work in progress I am writing.

It is a Young Adult Book, so no steamy scenes here from me at the moment. The second in a series, the first book Initiation, is being published by Decadent Publishing. This one is tentatively called Driven.

Take a look. Here are my six sentences for this Sunday!

"He’d said us but I could hear the undercurrent of what he meant. He meant ‘him.’ Jason was the guy who I was going to leave him for about six months ago. Not that six months ago I’d made any kind of commitment to Chad that meant I couldn’t have left without anyone having any right to question me. Still, I could feel his pain creep inside of me where I knew it would take root with all of the other things I stored in my stomach to feel guilty about later.

It was amazing I could eat anything at all these days.

“So are you going to leave me for him now?” "

Hope you guys have a great Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. You had to stop there? *smiles* I want keep reading. :) Great post Rebecca! Guess I should post my six sentences now before I head out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I have that same tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet! I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday! Nice to have you and your snippet aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Six Sunday and I really liked your posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that feeling when I was young. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Young adults have so much fun stuff to read these days! And your cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh. Even reading about break-ups makes me sad. Great post : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I want to know what happens? Next Sunday maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Heather, I want to know what happens and what her choice is. But, darn, I know that feeling in my belly, well. Great vividness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great fun for young adults. All the angst and pathos in a few lines. How did we ever live through it? Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice excerpt. To be young again...then again, I'm just happy to have survived it the first time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was amazing I could eat anything at all these days.

    Not a good diet plan. :)

    Nice six, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This story sounds great, and I agree - don't leave us hanging here!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete