Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

Hello everyone!


This is my entry this week for Six Sentence Sunday. I hope you're all doing well and that you'll check out everyone else's entries too. They can be found here.

This is from my current WIP and its the second story in a YA series I'm writing.

I woke up slowly, a bad taste in my mouth, as I looked around at my surroundings. It was dark, but I could make out a little light coming into the room from under what appeared to be a doorway. I’d read somewhere, in a book found in the Genesis library, that sometimes people are afraid of the dark. There had been a whole slew of fears in the catalog. Some people were afraid of heights, some people were afraid of dogs, and still others went so far as to be afraid to leave the house in general.

Waking up in that strange place, I knew I wasn’t scared of the dark and there wasn’t a bug on earth that could make me shake or shiver.


Best to all of you!!


RR

5 comments:

  1. Good 'teaser' I'm not afraid of the dark and I'm the only person who can kill a bug in my house of 5 males. BUT anything taller than my 5'4 frame and I'm speechless scared. Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brave character you've got there. Personally I like the dark but the woods scare the crap out of me. I've seen the X-Files, Friday the 13th, I know what happens in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Rebecca! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting excerpt. Fears, or their lack, are very telling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing! Something tells me this character is not average, and I want to keep reading and find out why.

    ReplyDelete