Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

Hello everyone,
I've got sick kids and a massive cold that doesn't want to leave me but I am THRILLED to share with you this week's Six Sentence Sunday!

Enjoy!!

You can find the rest of the entries here!


“If there is one thing I have learned.” Rosa’s voice interrupted my feeling sorry for myself. “It’s that we have very little control over what happens to us. None of us could have predicted any of this would happen. How could we? And it seems to me highly unlikely that you caused his death. Did you personally feed him to the Vampires?”

“No.” My voice sounded low, even to my own ears.


17 comments:

  1. Rosa sounds like she gives good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing - who was fed to the vampires???? I want to know

    ReplyDelete
  3. All-You-Can-Eat Vamp Buffet, maybe? I wanna know who got chomped on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'feeding to the vampires' image. Hope you and your family are all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sensing regret in her low voice...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. The imagery is great, Becca.

    I hope you and your family get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more of this. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, death by being fed to vampires...an image I could get behind now and then...

    I do totally get her burden of guilt, deserved or not. Don't we all do that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just need someone to talk some sense into you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right there with you Rebecca on the sick kids, sick hubby and sick myself. I should buy stock in Kleenex. I love the pacing here, each statement is so perfectly executed I can't help but to keep reading, wondering what it is that has happened.
    Hope you get some rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guilt is such a good motivator in a story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice excerpt. Hope you and your kids are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vampire din din yikes! Great post Rebecca. Can't wait to see more of this story. :)

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for this to be released!

    ReplyDelete