Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

Hi everyone,
And welcome to this week's addition of Six Sentence Sunday!! I've had a great week and I hope you have too!! This weeks entry comes from the next book in the YA series I am writing. The first one, Initiation, was contracted by Decadent Publishing. I am awaiting a release date. This is from Book 2, tentatively titled Driven.


“You should be sleeping.”

“I can’t.” I rubbed the back of my neck at the throbbing pain that had started there. “I’m too wound up. Besides, I’m not convinced we’re safe even having a fire. We’re going to bring every monster in the area to us.”

24 comments:

  1. Stupid monsters, always causing trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was about to type "Oooh, monsters!" And then I read Liiaann's comment.
    Drat.
    Great snippet.

    Run away! Run away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds like my thing. Gotta love monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monster? *perks up* What kind of monster?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monsters? They better keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one wants to be a monster magnet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone once told me that aliens were better to have in a book than monsters. I prefer monsters. I see you do too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it wrong to hope the fire draws in a few monsters?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Eleri, bring on the monsters, a little action would help with being wound up. Good way to burn off the tension.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *perk* Monsters? I love monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm eager to meet the monster. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to attract mons...um...er...I mean interest for your book. All the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I could sleep knowing there were monsters around either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, one person's monsters is another's boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh monsters! Sounds like things are going to get really interesting really quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If the monster is cute...then bring him on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm. She has a good point about the fire.

    ReplyDelete