Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Six Sentence Sunday

So first off, my apologies. This was supposed to post automatically because I knew I would be out of town until around lunch time but, apparently, it did not.

Without further delay, more of the YA novel I've been writing:

At first, I wasn’t sure what I heard. It started as a small vibrating noise, like an alarm going off somewhere in the distance made the room shake a bit. The Wolves lifted their heads and sniffed the air. I wasn’t sure what that was about but I knew it couldn’t be good.

I grabbed Chad’s arm. “Something is happening.”

“Oh damn.” Rosa yelled at the top of her voice. “Icahn’s going to bring down the building on top of all of us just like he did at Liberty.”

I swallowed. To say I was terrified would be an understatement. Was there anything more terrifying than being buried alive?

8 comments:

  1. Holy noddles....this girl has experienced some seriously bad juju things.

    Great sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow the snippets for this just get better and better!
    I'm so hanging out for this. Great choice again this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving us on the edges of our seats! Tense! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, how scary is that? My first thought is run...but, sometimes fear makes that hard. I hope they make it out unscathed, and, alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Not of fan of buried alive! Scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'm anxious to read more. Initiation is definitely on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek buried alive...get the &*%$ out of there!

    Great post Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete